-->

Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 341

At 1:30 am my time (11:30 pm Alaska time) I got a phone call I'd been dreading... Gary called to tell me that Dennis Mattingly, one of the greatest men I've ever met, had passed away. It is heartbreaking and devastating, but at least we know that the pain he's been suffering with for so long has finally come to and end. I know he's at peace now, and for that I am thankful, but it doesn't stop those of us still here from mourning his loss. I am proud to be able to call DM the GM not only my former boss and mentor, but a friend as well! I will always remember sitting and listening to his stories in the office for hours on end, playing cribbage or bejeweled! I miss you DM!
(This is a picture I took when we had the field redone a few years ago!)

No comments:

Post a Comment